Independent Health Complaints Advocacy (IHCA)

The National Health Service (NHS) works hard to treat everyone properly and promptly.

Most people using the NHS are happy with their treatment, but sometimes things can go wrong.

By raising your concerns, you can help put things right and the NHS can learn from your experience.

Independent Health Complaints Advocacy is a free, independent advocacy service that can help you make a complaint about any aspect of your NHS care or treatment.

This includes treatment in a private hospital or care home that is funded by the NHS.

How can we help you?

We will provide you with a Self Help Information Pack to help you make a complaint about your care or treatment using the NHS Complaints Procedure.

You can choose to make your complaint with, or without, the support of an advocate.

Your decision may depend on how confident you feel about starting the complaints process and the complexity of your case.

If you feel you need further support, we can provide you with advocacy support.


For guidance and a template for how to write a complaint letter, please read this:
Click here to download

For information to help you get started with your health complaint, please click here:
Click here


To make a referral for Independent Health Complaints Advocacy in the London Borough of Bromley, please click here. 

Consent forms need to be signed by hand and returned by email or post to:


Advocacy For All

The Civic CentreSt Mary’s RoadSwanleyBR8 7BU

For more information about support with Health Complaints, please email or call 0345 310 1812 (option 3) (local rate from landlines)